Saturday, October 22, 2011
8:30 – 10:30 a.m.
- Morning Meet ‘n Greet at Lynden’s Bender Fields Community Building, 8770 Bender Rd. N48° 57.369 W 122° 26.385. While the entire day will be filled with fun geocache-related activities, the morning Meet ‘n Greet is the Official Geocaching.com Event! Along with registering your plans to attend here, be sure to log your “Will Attend” note on the Geocaching.com Event Page so we can get an accurate count and aim for that exciting MEGA event status!
- Be sure to check in at the Meet ‘n Greet in the morning! Everyone will get a nametag (paid registrations receive a custom name badge and lanyard), a list of 50+ new area caches released for the event, and their signature in the (hopefully!) MEGA event logbook.
- Those with paid registrations will enjoy hot coffee, cider, and munchies.
- You’re welcome to stick around and chat with fellow geocachers, or grab your nametag and head out for a day of caching fun around the area.
10:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- You’re on your own for a day of fun around Lynden. Cache to your heart’s content, check out the quaint Dutch town of Lynden, and enjoy some of the local fare for lunch if you like.
5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Those with paid registrations head to the Lynden Pioneer Museum for an evening of family-friendly fun at the GeoMonster Ball! The museum is located at 217 Front Street, Lynden. N48° 56.620 W122° 27.001.
- Your name badge and lanyard is your ticket to enter the museum and proof of your paid registration. Be sure to have your name badges with you when you arrive!
- If you did not pick up your name badge and sign the logbook at the morning Meet ‘n Greet, there will be someone at the door of the museum from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. for late check-ins.
- If you did not pre-register for the event but would like to register at the door, there may be a limited number of late registrations accepted on a space-available basis for $15.00 per person — Visa, Mastercard, cash or check.
Be sure to check out all the fun stuff that will be happening at the GeoMonster Ball — it’s going to be a Monstrously Good Time!